NOTICE: The date of submission for our upcoming anthology has been changed to midnight of May 11, 2012.
Currently we are only accepting submissions for our upcoming anthology, which is tentatively entitled Greetings from Asbury Park. It will be a collection of poetry, short-story fiction, photography, and paintings. We will begin accepting submissions for other works of literature in the near future.
Authors looking to have their work published by Shore Points Press do not need to have an agent representing them, however, we do have a preference for individuals which we have a familiarity with or who have been referred to us. We accept submissions from anyone, whether you are an amateur, graduate student, or a best-selling author, as long as you meet one of the following basic criteria:
- Current New Jersey resident,
- New Jersey resident temporarily stationed abroad (either by military or civil service),
- New Jersey resident attending college out of state, or
- An out-of-state resident attending a New Jersey college.
When submitting poetry and short stories to Shore Points Press, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Include your full name and pseudonym (if desired), email address, cover letter, story title, and story.
- Your cover letter should contain the length of your work, your publishing history, and any other relevant information in .PDF format if possible.
- We ask for the same information for poetry.
- All stories and poems should be in standard manuscript format and can be submitted in either .RTF, .DOC, or .DOCX format.
- Also include a separate .PDF format submission without your name so that it can be judged blindly.
- Include your full name and pseudonym (if desired), email address, cover letter, photograph title, and photograph.
- Your cover letter should contain a description of your photograph, your publishing history, and any other relevant information in .PDF format if possible.
- We ask for the same information for paintings.
- For photographs please include the f stop, shutter speed, location and time of day the photograph was taken, and whether the photograph has been altered in any manner.
- For paintings please include the type of paint and canvas used.
- All photographs and paintings should be submitted in either .JPEG, or .GIF format.